Know the Solution to Your Despair: Dishwasher Repairs
We all know how simple our kitchen life has come to be with the invention of dishwashers. It has simplified the process of washing utensils and keeps the kitchen tops and sinks free from clutter. Dishwashers usually run on 115-volt or 120-volt power. The water used for washing dishes comes directly from the water heater, and wastewater is drained into the sink's drain pipe.
Everything that works has to break down at some point of the time. Similarly a dishwasher also breaks down. Here are some of the major reasons as to why a dishwasher breaks down:
The most common reason for a dishwasher to breakdown is due to over loading or improper loading. This may either create a breakdown or it may cause a leak in the system.
The use of improper detergent may lead to ceasing of the dishwasher. The most common mistake done here is the use of dish washing liquids instead of the suggested machine dish washing detergent.
In this, the water leaks through the system. The causes may be due unclean door surface, due to improper loading of the dishes in the washer or may be due to over loading.
In some cases, it's the spray arms that break down.
The motor may have stopped working.
The above problems can be solved by following some simple steps.
- While loading the dishwasher, proper care should be taken not to overfill the washer. Space should be left between dishes while loading the washer. Pots, pans or dishes should not obstruct the spray arms; this will not render the spray arms to spray water to the intended directions. This will cause water to leak from the front as well as the sides.
- Dishes should always be washed with reputed detergents that are designed for the purpose of washing. Using dish washing liquids should be avoided when dishwasher detergents are recommended. This will not only cause a leakage, but also a flood, as the properties of these sink-top liquids is not meant for the forceful spray of the dishwasher.
- Care should also be taken to make sure that the rinse aid (Jet Dry) is within its proper dispenser and has not been spilled. The effect of this spilled rinse aid is almost similar to that of dishwashing liquids and is not much desirable.
- Every time a dishwasher is used, its doors seal should be checked for proper sealing. If the doors are not properly sealed, they need to be cleaned. This small step may at times help to solve the problem. Also, while loading care should be taken so that the utensils do not obstruct the spray arms as it may cause backup of detergent leading to leakage problem. Also, the dishwasher should be perfectly balanced or an unbalance washer may also be the cause of leakage.
- The main reason for the breakdown of spray arms is due to restricting its motion. Care should be taken so that the motion of the spray arms is obstructed by the utensils in the washer.
- If the motor doesn't start, then a check on the circuit breaker needs to be done to ensure whether the breaker has tripped or not.
Can't Find What You Are Looking For?