Tips to Choosing a Microwave Stand
Microwave ovens have become a basic necessity in modern age kitchens. To protect it from rush circumstances, it should be kept in a specially designed microwave stand, rather than placing on the kitchen countertop. Keeping your microwave oven in a proper stand will keep your appliance safe, clean and protected. Therefore, it is worth it if you do a little bit of research while purchasing microwave stand for your oven.
Different Types of Microwave Stands
- Four shelves microwave stand: These are perfect functional utility shelves along with pull-out drawers for extra storage. These stands have enough space for almost any size of microwave oven and also have casters for easier mobility.
- Refreshment Center Machine stand: These stands are a great facility in almost any type of kitchen as they can not only store your microwave oven but also your coffee maker. This stand also has some shelf space for storing cups and other such items.
- Microwave drawer: These stands are in the form of a drawer in which you can store your microwave oven and slide it under your countertop. These drawers are especially designed for microwave oven and thus, you do not need to worry about how you would be able to operate your oven from a drawer. These can open from the front so that you can operate your oven with ultimate ease.
- Extra large custom made microwave stand: These stands have a top shelved section for keeping dishes, a top for pull drawers for keeping cutlery and linen and below are large storage shelves with doors for oatmeal, canned goods etc. If you have shortage of cupboard space in your home, then this stand is like a transportable cupboard easily moving on casters.
- Microwave work center: This microwave stand has the space for your microwave oven on the top, an open space for keeping your food items and utensils in the middle and a big storage space at the bottom for keeping your cutlery, dishes etc.
Things to Consider While Purchasing a Microwave Stand
The first thing that you should look out for in a microwave stand you are considering to purchase is its size. It should be appropriate as per the size of your microwave oven and also the space available in your kitchen.
Another thing you should keep in mind is the material it is made up of. There are stands available made of wood, stainless steel, plastic and other materials. Even if you are choosing to purchase a wooden one, you should know that there are different types of wood out of which a microwave stand can be made up of like Ameriwood, Teak, seal, etc. You should do a little research and decide which one is best for you.
Some of the popular brands that manufacture high quality and ultimate designed microwave stands include Sauder Office Furniture, Lycos, Coaster Fine Furniture and Sarnia.
Whichever stand or brand you are choosing, you should purchase a microwave stand that best suits your requirements and is most appropriate for your kitchen.
Can't Find What You Are Looking For?