Plastic Roof Tiles
The builders today are getting eco-conscious and are reflecting this concern in every aspect of their constructions. Thus, slate or concrete tiles on roofs are fast being replaced in design by plastic roof tiles. They come in various designs and patterns and are readily available both over the traditional and the virtual domain
What Are They?
Plastic roof tiles are light-weighted tiles that sit in molded shape on your roofs. They also provide security against impact and loss of color. These are easy to prepare yet particular temperatures are needed to get the alignment right. Thus you should take assistance from experts and professionals.
Where Are They Used?
They are best used in homes that face temperate climate. Plastic does have slight hiccup against extreme heat, cold or dust. It either gets brittle or deformed. However, if you purchase plastic roof tiles that are properly coated with epoxy and polyester, you can ensure steadiness. These are also available in variety of colors and thus you may create a favorable impression with the outlook of your house.
Of late, Decra has come up as an even better version of plastic roof tiles as it seems pretty weather resistant. You may go on for polycarbonates or PVC; all various forms of plastics. You may go for corrugated or smooth tiles. While former will prolong tiles' life, latter will make tile cleaning quite convenient.
Generally, reputed companies use recycled materials to create plastic roof tiles. You also spend less time on alignment as this resembles quarrying. Thus, you sustain ecological existence for your house. This is essential in times when carbon credit has gained popularity due to global warming.
General tiles made of concrete or slate often peel off or are subject to corrosion. Thorough lined coating on plastic roof tiles make it corrosion resistant. This is particularly helpful in areas that face sudden change of climate (hurricane, land-fire etc.).
It Saves Your Penny Too
Since these take up recycled materials and are much more convenient and quick to create, you end up spending less money. Concrete tiles; though it admittedly looks more robust, costs a fortune and exist only in large establishments. Pores in plastic also allow suitable roof ventilation; which you cannot expect in slate, if at all in concrete.
Points to Remember
- Always get tiles from reputed shops. You will not be able to distinguish deforming tiles from durable ones at first glance.
- Ensure that it comes with an anti-corrosion and anti-impact certificate. If you live in an area where hails are common business, brittle tiles will not last long. In addition, it should be about 80% of the weight which concrete tiles boast of.
- If you are going for ridged tiles, make sure that they be placed vertically and not horizontally.
- For sake of environmental concern, buy only those tiles that are being created with recycled materials.
- Do not DIY the tiles alignment. You will find the setting of homogenous tiles quite impressive in hands of an expert.
- Your tiles should not logically develop cracks in the first 4 years.
Can't Find What You Are Looking For?