Stainless Microwave for Safe and Quick Cooking
Stainless steel microwave ovens are the most sold microwaves in the market. The stainless steel body makes it very urbane to look at and it matches all the kitchen interiors as well. A stainless microwave is preferred as the finish and the color never diminish and they retain its original looks even after a score of years. The stainless microwaves are stain resistant, which make them even more popular among the users.
The stainless steel microwave gives many options to the user to choose from:
- The microwave ovens can be built-in or can be placed the over the range. The countertop placed microwaves are more preferred in the recent times. The latest microwaves are of oven drawer type to save the space of the kitchen.
- There are many types of stainless microwave available. These include the basic microwave oven and the combination of convection and microwave for cooking variety of dishes. The convection microwaves help in browning the food therefore it can be a substitute to OTG.
- You can also buy the models providing speed cook and halogen versions which are the most expensive units and help in fast cooking.
- The microwave wattage should also be checked if you are conscious of energy problem and want to save on electricity.
Famous Brands That You Must Check
Mostly all the companies making electrical and home appliances have jumped into the microwave production. Some of the most important brands manufacturing stainless microwave are GE, Sharp, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, Kenmore etc. The price range of the stainless microwave varies from $250-$750. The most popular microwaves with most of the required features are available at about $500.
Advantages of Stainless Microwave Ovens
- Stainless steel microwave are available in a wide assortment of styles and sizes to choose from.
- They integrate well with modern kitchen appliances.
- They are hassle-free and quite convenient to clean.
- They save a lot of energy and are thus known to be environment friendly.
- One touch cook is available for quick menu selection and cooking
- There is no fear of food burning whatsoever.
- Children safe due to safety lock is available in all the models.
Disadvantages of Stainless Microwave Ovens
Though it seems that the stainless steel microwaves have all the advantages, people forget to see the disadvantages.
Thus like any other modern blessings of science, stainless microwave also has its merits and demerits. The gas stoves are the best option when cooking is concerned but if you want to save time and love to use the latest appliances, then a stainless microwave is definitely the best choice around.
- The first and foremost disadvantage is that microwave cooking uses electromagnetic radiations to cook the food. These radiations cause isomerism, which damages the structure of the food. The nutritional value of food decreases more than 70%. The vitamin C and B-12 are lost in a large quantity.
- The consumption of electricity is pretty high in some stainless microwave models. This increases the electricity bill if not checked properly.
- As it's an electrical appliance, there are many cases of electric shock due to faulty circuit or mishandling. Thus it can become a health hazard also.
Can't Find What You Are Looking For?